Friday, June 12, 2009


“If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.” A quote from the one and only Albert Einstein! He was not only intelligent and brilliant, but he was also wise to make such a statement.

...Shopping, shopping, shopping I feel like that is all I ever do, well when I'm not at home writing or on the internet checking Facebook, Twitter, etc! Okay, so I lied, I played tennis today too, but that was at the crack of dawn and it feels like it was yesterday. I am just relived and excited that the weekend is here AND for once in a blue moon, I am doing more than hitting the local sports bar or going to a movie. I am throwing a party and attending a BBQ, WAHOO I love a change of pace.  I love having activities planned, I look forward to them all week!   

**The wait is over and the weekend has arrived. What's going on this Friday and Saturday night? Let's find out...
Well tonight is a no brainer...Bossa Nova Lounge at the one and only Hotel Indigo Scottsdale then take your pick at either Axis/Radius, Suede, Crown Room, or one of the many other hot spots in Downtown Scottsdale.

Tomorrow...
  • Lifehouse will perform after the Diamondbacks game for an hour. First pitch is at 5:10 PM and we are taking on Houston Astros. For more information about Arizona baseball visit, http://arizona.diamondbacks.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=ari. Fans can get free tickets by visiting Fry's Food stores. Buy over $10 of milk and dairy products and receive complimentary upper level tickets to the game! 
  • Try something new! The Venue of Scottsdale is hosting Arizona Salsa Festival from 7:30 to 2 AM for $25.00. There will be dancers, bands, and entertainment from all over.  There will also be live performances all night! This event is celebrating the 4th anniversary of AZSalsa.net, http://www.azsalsa.net/AZSalsaFestival2009.asp for more information.  DANCE THE NIGHT AWAY! 
  • Looking to laugh? Then join Reno 911 comedy Carlos Alazraqui at The Comedy Spot Comedy Club in Scottsdale. Enjoy his knack for impressionism and voice acting. The shows are at 8 PM and 10 PM and the tickets run $15. The venue is intimate with only 100 seats. http://www.thecomedyspot.net/
**Today I discovered my new found love for the library. I haven't been to the library in years and today I took the girl I nanny for and discovered all that it has to offer! Books, music, movies, and wireless internet. What more could a person ask for? Not only do they have all those things, but it is all free to check out! Why go to Blockbuster or Barnes and Noble when you can just go to the library?  If your looking to get some work done, it is quite peaceful.