Wednesday, July 1, 2009


"Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced."
— Søren Kierkegaard

It may be a cloudy day, but it’s still a warm one! I don’t know about you, but I am already sick of the heat. I think for the rest of the day I will stay inside and catch up on stuff around the house. No sun=no excuse for the pool!

Scottsdale MUST eats…
  • If you’re visting the area make sure to check out the ever so famous In-N-Out Burger. They have a very simple menu, fast and friendly service, and are known for their cleanliness. This is NOT your typical fast food chain. (Located throughout the valley.)
  • Sapporo in North Scottsdale is the place to be on the weekends and for happy hour. This restaurant is always hopping with above par service, delicious food, and a social scene unlike any other. Their outside patio, located in front of the restaurant, is always packed full of people talking and having a good time. The cuisine is Japanese-the sushi and fried rice are to die for-check it out for yourself!
  • The Yard House located in Old Town Scottsdale in the Fashion Square Mall is another must eat. They are a brewery and have a variety of yummy beers on tap. I also love their happy hour-3 to 6 PM and 10 to 12 PM, martinis, wings, and delicious salads-they have a pear walnut salad that is amazing!

I really love this article on good self esteem and living life with the glass half full. I read this article and it was so inspiring to me, http://www.streetdirectory.com/travel_guide/8251/self_improvement_and_motivation/glass_half_full.html.

...Another thing I want to check out is Michael J. Fox’s new book Always Looking Up. I saw him last night on David Letterman and was so pleased and almost jealous over his optimism towards life. I wish that I could live my life that way! Hopefully his book can inspire me. It is for sale on Amazon for $17.00 and that is the hardcover version.

**It seems that Tempe Town Lake 4th of July festival is going to be the place to be for the upcoming holiday. They are suppose to have the best fireworks show in the valley, music, family fest with rock climbing wall, face painters, relay races, etc, and a food court for all to enjoy. Entry is free for anyone with a current military ID. If you want to learn more about the event visit their website at http://www.tempe4th.com/index.asp.