Thursday, July 16, 2009

*~*THURSDAY*~*


Happy Thirsty Thursday, enjoy one of the best days of the week and the rest of your weekend!

"Successful people are always looking for opportunities to help others.
Unsuccessful people are always asking, "What's in it for me?"

— Brian Tracy

It was a very hot and humid morning! I was out playing tennis and I felt like I was in Florida there for a few hours, miserable. I can take the heat, but as soon as the clouds come and the humidity percentage rises, I don't do very well. Not only that, but my right arm is killing me from working out with the trainer and then playing tennis- ah, my right arm just wants a break!

We will see temperatures over 110 for probably the next five days or so and hopefully a little bit of rain, we need it! Lucky for me, I am leaving for California tomorrow and will be enjoying the much cooler weather in San Diego.

What should you do this weekend?
  • Check out Roaring Fork's all night, all-summer happy hour! The fun starts at 4 PM and you can receive up to half-off appetizers, salads, and entrees. Domestic beers are $3, $4 well drinks, and $5 margaritas and martinis. This restaurant is cheap enough for people being affected by the economy, but still nice enough to not be reminded of your money troubles. The setting is low-lit and rustic. For more information visit, http://www.eddiev.com/
  • Visit one of the valley's newest shopping centers on the Scottsdale/Phoenix border, CityNorth. With popular bars and restaurants such as Kona Grill and Blue Martini you won't be disappointed. To read more about it, http://www.citynorthaz.com/pr/CityNorthRestaurants.pdf
  • If you want a fun and laid back atmosphere with good music then check out Sugar Daddy’s in Old Town off Scottsdale road. Friday they have a happy hour from 3 to 7 PM with $2 Heineken, Coronas, and Appetizers. Other drink specials are also available such as $5 Crown Royal all day every day
  • If you’re going out to dinner with the ladies then check out Pasta Brioni. They have happy hour Thu-Sat from 4:30-6:30 PM which features ½ price appetizers, well drinks, and domestics. These specials are in the bar area. This restaurant is known for their good looking male waiters who even have their own calendar! The food is Italian and delicious!

For the next few weeks I will be traveling and won’t be around too much, but when I get back I will have plenty of new ideas to share and things to say! I appreciate all the followers and hope that you enjoy what you read. I hope your summer is wonderful.