Sunday, July 5, 2009


*~*A long holiday weekend for some and a regular relaxing break from stress for others. Whatever you chose to do this weekend, even if you had to work, and the choice was made for you…I hope you still had a great weekend. AND a safe one. Mine was good, but I’ve decided that “I am getting old” even though truth be told I am 23 and should be out partying and living life for all that its worth, but it’s hard for me to keep my eyes open past 10 PM.

I had a small get together, which ended up being a good time, except the cleaning duty the morning after and the fact that I was ready for bed when some of my friends were just getting started. I would say that I am the friend who enjoys seeing movies, going to an art gallery, or going out to eat and no longer the friend to hit the nightlife with, unless it’s a special event. OR my birthday!

That doesn’t mean that I don’t know a thing or two about the Scottsdale nightlife as I was once a pretty avid partier, restaurant guru, and shopaholic-okay so I am still a shopaholic, nevertheless I still know a thing or two about our infamous Old Town area.

Tomorrow night happenings in Downtown Scottsdale…
  • The party nightclub is Cream Stereo Lounge. Their industry night, the only club with a Monday industry night in Scottsdale, is the place to be. The party starts at 10 PM and it features $2 beers, $4 drinks, mixed music, $150 tables, and a relaxed dress code. The inside décor is really something to talk about, check out pictures at http://www.creamstereolounge.com/
  • One of the best happy hours is at Cadillac Ranch. Their happy hour is every day from 4-7 PM and ALL NIGHT on Mondays! This is a bar and grill open for lunch, dinner, and a late night party. Take your chance at the mechanical bull, enjoy country music, and watch sports on their plasma TVs.
  • Salty senorita presents margarita Mondays from 7 PM to close! They offer ½ price house margaritas and have been voted “the best margarita in Phoenix” over seven times! Located in Downtown and North Scottsdale.

**For anyone who has the IPhone I found a great way to turn your MP3s into ringtones without having to pay for the “create ringtone” feature on ITunes. This guy does a great tutorial http://www.labnol.org/software/make-iphone-ringtons-with-free-itunes/4738/