Friday, March 27, 2009

*Life is like a box of crayons. Most people are the 8-color boxes, but what you're really looking for are the 64-color boxes with the sharpeners on the back. I have a bit of a problem though in that I can only meet the 8-color boxes. Does anyone else have that problem? I mean there are so many different colors of life, of feeling, of articulation.. so when I meet someone who's an 8-color type.. I'm like, hey girl, magenta! and she's like, oh, you mean purple! and she goes off on her purple thing, and I'm like, no - I want magenta!* ~John Mayer

  I am so happy that Friday is here! This week has been one of those long long weeks, you know the ones where every morning is harder to get up then the day before and the sound of the alarm clock is dreadful?! I know that tonight will have to be comprised of movies and takeout or else I may fall asleep at the bar! Every person I talked to today was thrilled and more than ready for the weekend. I think the weather has everything to do with it and most of the time it is extremely hard to sit inside at work on a beautiful sunny day! At least when summer hits I'll dread the outdoors and be happy to be inside, even if I am working. ☺

**Be inspired this evening at Hotel Indigo. Join their Friday night fever before hitting the Scottsdale nightlife. The Divine Lounge offers $3 domestics and $4 well cocktails.**


There is a little something for everyone tonight...

Party Lover~ Start the weekend off the right way! Agave on the Rocks 2009 is a fundraiser for the Desert Botanical Garden. The party goes from 7 to 11 PM and features the valley's hottest Latin funk bands. Salsa dance, enjoy delicious cuisine, and drink margaritas all night long. $70 for members and $75 for non members. http://dbg.org/

Music Lovers-Catch Metal Elvis at Martini Ranch. This is a tribute band to Elvis. Listen to "The King," tonight live. http://www.metalelvis.com/home.cfm?mpf=frame&

Movie Lovers- Enjoy movies in the park at Blitmore Fashion Park. Watch "The Breakfast Club" tonight at 7:30 PM. Bring a lawn chair or a blanket!

Baseball lover~ Watch a game before spring training is over. There are games Sunday and Monday at 1:05 PM; Sunday San Francisco Giants verse Milwaukee Brewers and Monday San Francisco Giants verse Texas Rangers.  Both games are at the Scottsdale Stadium.

Arts and Craft lovers~ Old Town Farmers Markets from 8:30 AM to 1 PM every Saturday at the Brown and First Avenue parking lot